Improve Your Space With This Sun-Powered Fruit: 5 Tips
Updated: Dec 30, 2020
When life brings you lemons, well, you know the rest. In addition to making great lemonade, this common fruit provides five proven ways to support a productive environment and increased well-being. What could be better (or easier) as we head into the New Year?
1. Increased Concentration: Lemon is a top scent for promoting concentration while simultaneously calming the nervous system (1). A Japanese study found that workers made 54 percent fewer typing mistakes when lemon oil was diffused into an office. Simply peel open the lemon to get fresh lemon oil essence.
2. An Agile Mind: Lemon juice contains polyphenols that help avoid oxidative stress which in turn keeps your mind agile. Lemons contain about 53 mg vitamin C per 100 g of juice along with energizing B-vitamins (2). Squeeze fresh lemon into filtered water (we have the highly-rated Berkey in the dining room for your convenience).
3. Biophilic Design = Lowered Blood Pressure: The bright color and fresh, living produce invokes a sense of calm and well-being (as with all biophilic or green design and living plants you will find around OutDo Work).
4. Harmony in the Environment: Also, according to the ancient Chinese art of Feng Shui, a bowl of lemons encourages a harmonious environment while diminishing negative energy.
5. The Official Hue of 2021. Color industry giant Pantone, has aptly named 'illuminating' as the Pantone 2021 color of the year due to its cheerful and sun-powered yellow hue (3).
If you feel inclined, take a lemon or two from the bowls placed around the OutDo Work office as we head into 2021. 🍋 Not a member, yet? Tour the office today.